Premium Alfalfa Grab & Go Compressed Bale
(0) Write a review
- related products
Standlee Premium Alfalfa Grab & Go Compressed Bale
In Store Purchase Only
Premium Organic Alfalfa Grab & Go® Compressed Bales are formed by allowing Standlee Premium Western Forage® to grow to the proper stage of maturity, cutting the plants, allowing them to sun-cure (dry) to an acceptable moisture level and baling the forage at the optimal time. Standlee Premium Western Forage® creates Grab & Go® compressed bales of forage from a large 4’x4’x8’ bale that is put through a press, sliced horizontally, pushed onto a scale, weighed, compressed, banded and then shrink-wrapped.
Growing (moderate to rapid growth) and underweight horses, horses with carbohydrate sensitivity, horses with gastric ulcers, performance horses, late pregnancy and lactating mares, breeding stallions and senior horses. In addition to cattle, bison, goat, sheep, camel, llama, alpaca, deer and elk.
- Weigh the amount of forage provided to each horse to ensure you are feeding the proper amount. This is especially important with baled and compressed forage since similar volumes of forage (a flake for example) vary in weight.
- Cut the bands on compressed bales 8 to 10 hours before feeding to allow the bale to expand to avoid overfeeding.
- Gradually replace existing hay with Standlee Premium Western Forage® over a 7-10 day period. Replace existing hay on a 1 to 1 basis with Standlee Premium Western Forage®.
- Never feed moldy or insect infested forage to horses.
- Always provide free-access to fresh, clean water.
If you have questions, please contact the nutritionists at Standlee Premium Western Forage®, or consult with your veterinarian.
OTHER PRODUCT BENEFITS
- Low in carbohydrates
- GMO free and Certified Organic
- Natural forage length mimics grazing
- Slow intake, stimulates chewing and minimizes digestive upset
No reviews have been written for this product.
Be the first one! – Write a Review