Premium Alfalfa Grab & Go Compressed Bale
(0) Write a review
Premium Organic Alfalfa Grab & Go® Compressed Bales are formed by allowing Standlee Premium Western Forage® to grow to the proper stage of maturity, cutting the plants, allowing them to sun-cure (dry) to an acceptable moisture level and baling the forage at the optimal time. Standlee Premium Western Forage® creates Grab & Go® compressed bales of forage from a large 4’x4’x8’ bale that is put through a press, sliced horizontally, pushed onto a scale, weighed, compressed, banded and then shrink-wrapped.
- Growing (moderate to rapid growth) and underweight horses, horses with carbohydrate sensitivity, horses with gastric ulcers, performance horses, late pregnancy and lactating mares, breeding stallions and senior horses. In addition to cattle, bison, goat, sheep, camel, llama, alpaca, deer and elk.
- Weigh the amount of forage provided to each horse to ensure you are feeding the proper amount. This is especially important with baled and compressed forage since similar volumes of forage (a flake for example) vary in weight.
- Cut the bands on compressed bales 8 to 10 hours before feeding to allow the bale to expand to avoid overfeeding.
- Gradually replace existing hay with Standlee Premium Western Forage® over a 7-10 day period. Replace existing hay on a 1 to 1 basis with Standlee Premium Western Forage®.
- Never feed moldy or insect infested forage to horses.
- Always provide free-access to fresh, clean water.
If you have questions, please contact the nutritionists at Standlee Premium Western Forage®, or consult with your veterinarian.
OTHER PRODUCT BENEFITS:
- Low in carbohydrates
- GMO free and Certified Organic
- Natural forage length mimics grazing
- Slow intake, stimulates chewing and minimizes digestive upset
SHIPPING CHANGES: Due to new sales tax rules in the state of Colorado, effective June 1, 2019, purchases made online through JAX Mercantile for customers in the state of Colorado will only be able to be shipped to addresses within JAX current tax jurisdictions in Fort Collins, Loveland, Lafayette, and Broomfield. Customers in the state of Colorado who do not have shipping addresses within these zip codes may still opt for in-store pickup at any JAX store location when making a purchase on the JAX website. Learn more on our shipping and returns page.