Tick Repellent Spray
(0) Write a review
Bug Protector Tick Repellent Spray
Our natural tick repellent is made from a blend of cedarwood oil and geraniol, and passed lab tests with greater than 88-94% efficacy against two common tick species — the dog tick and the deer (black-legged) tick.
Grab an 8, 4 or 2 oz. bottle and get natural tick protection!
Made with essential oils and plant-derived ingredients.
Made without preservatives, synthetics, petroleum, parabens, alcohol, phthalates and dyes.
- Active ingredients: Geraniol (0.90%) and Cedarwood (0.60%)
- Inert ingredients: Water, glycerin, castor oil, soya lecithin, sorbitol, vanillin, acacia gum, xanthan gum, Vitamin E, citric acid (totaling 98.5%)
Directions for Use:
- For external application to protect against ticks.
- Shake well before use.
- Prior to outdoor exposure, thoroughly spray product on exposed skin or pet's fur, and allow to dry without wiping.
- It may be necessary to reapply Bug Protector if you're in an outdoor environment where insect population is high and the duration of your outdoor venture is longer than 2 hours.
- Apply to children only with adult supervision. Spray on hands and rub on children's faces. Do not apply to hands of children.
- Do not spray in the eyes.
- Discontinue use if irritation or redness develops.
Most often asked.
Below are a few questions we're most often asked.
ARE THE REPELLENTS WATERPROOF?
As with most oil-based repellents, they are not waterproof and will need to be reapplied after exposure to water.
HOW OFTEN DO I APPLY YOUR REPELLENTS?
Our repellents should be reapplied as often as necessary depending on the outdoor environment and your level of activity. It may be necessary to reapply if you're in an outdoor environment where the insect population is high and the duration of your outdoor stay is longer than two hours.
Environmental conditions such as humidity, sun exposure, wind, rain and abrasion may all affect the actual performance of bug repellents.
HAS YOUR PRODUCT BEEN TESTED?
Our tick repellents have been tested by an independent lab for efficacy against the dog tick and the deer (blacklegged) tick. Results indicate a high degree of repellency (>88-94%) with our formulation.
ARE YOUR PRODUCTS TESTED ON ANIMALS?
Our products are not tested on animals. Independent labs test our repellent products for repellency against mosquitoes and ticks (arthropods) so that we can assess the efficacy of the products. During these tests, substrates are sprayed with our products and live ticks and/or mosquitoes are used to determine if they avoid or are repelled by the area sprayed with the formula. No insects or arthropods are harmed or killed during testing.
WHAT IS THE SHELF LIFE OF YOUR PRODUCT?
Bug Protector products have a shelf life of three years.
SHIPPING CHANGES: Due to new sales tax rules in the state of Colorado, effective June 1, 2019, purchases made online through JAX Mercantile for customers in the state of Colorado will only be able to be shipped to addresses within JAX current tax jurisdictions in Fort Collins, Loveland, Lafayette, and Broomfield. Customers in the state of Colorado who do not have shipping addresses within these zip codes may still opt for in-store pickup at any JAX store location when making a purchase on the JAX website. Learn more on our shipping and returns page.