Safe Starch Horse Feed
(0) Write a review
Specially selected for low NSC levels and the product is molasses and grain free.
When trying to create a balanced ration for their horse with as low an NSC% as possible many horse owners are stymied when it comes to the hay portion of the diet. A number of factors make it difficult and often impossible to determine the actual NSC value of their horse's diet:
- They only get hay in small batches - so even if the hay is tested, by the time they have the results the hay has changed and so has the NSC%.
- They get the hay tested and it comes back high in NSC but it is their only supply option.
- They board so they have no control over the hay source their horse receives.
Triple Crown Safe Starch Forage supplies the horse with its' entire diet - forage as well as vitamins and minerals. The product is 6% fat and contains the EquiMix technology found in all Triple Crown feeds. The grass hay used in Triple Crown Safe Starch is specially selected for low NSC levels and the product is molasses and grain free.
Triple Crown Safe Starch Forage is an all in one diet for mature horses. No other hay, pasture, or mineral and vitamin supplement is required to provide your horse a complete and balanced diet. Feed Triple Crown Safe Starch Forage to mature horses at a rate that maintains desired body condition. Begin with approximately 2% of body weight (20 pounds for a 1000 pound horse) and adjust up or down, depending upon the individual horse's body condition. You want to feed a minimum of 1% of body weight. Provide access to salt and fresh, clean water at all times.
NOTE: Provide plenty of fresh, clean water at all times. Keep product fresh in cool, dry storage. Examine product daily for mold or insect contamination.
DO NOT use product that is old, molded or insect contaminated.
- Crude Protein (min.): 10.00%
- Lysine (min.):0.10%
- Methionine (min.): 0.10%
- Threonine (min.): 0.10%
- Crude Fat (min.): 6.00%
- Crude Fiber (max.): 28.00%
- Calcium (min.): 0.60%
- Calcium (max.): 0.90%
- Phosphorus (min.): 0.35%
- Magnesium (min.): 0.30%
- Iron (min.): 150 ppm
- Potassium (min.): 2.00%
- Selenium (min.): 0.30 ppm
- Zinc (min.): 110 ppm
- Manganese (min.): 120 ppm
- Copper (min.): 35 ppm
- Vitamin A (min.): 3,500 IU/lb
- Vitamin D (min.): 750 IU/lb
- Vitamin E (min.): 100 IU/lb
- Vitamin C (min.): 25 mg/lb
- Biotin (min.): 0.15 mg/lb
- Lactobacillus Acidophilus Bacteria (min.): 1 million CFU/gm
- Saccharomyces Cerevisiae (min.): 2 million CFU/gm
- Cellulase (min.): 75 CMC–ase Units/lb
- Protease (min.): 0.3 Northrup Units/lb
SHIPPING CHANGES: Due to new sales tax rules in the state of Colorado, effective June 1, 2019, purchases made online through JAX Mercantile for customers in the state of Colorado will only be able to be shipped to addresses within JAX current tax jurisdictions in Fort Collins, Loveland, Lafayette, and Broomfield. Customers in the state of Colorado who do not have shipping addresses within these zip codes may still opt for in-store pickup at any JAX store location when making a purchase on the JAX website. Learn more on our shipping and returns page.