Premium Alfalfa Pellets
(0) Write a review
- related products
Premium Alfalfa Pellets are high density, ¼ inch pellets of Standlee Premium Western Forage®. Alfalfa forage is low in sugar, moderately high in protein, high in calories and digestible fiber.
- Growing (rapid growth) and underweight horses, horses with sensitivity to carbohydrates, horses with gastric ulcers and late pregnancy and lactating mares
- Low in carbohydrates
- Minimal waste, can be accurately weighed and measured
- Minimal dust
- Easy to feed and store
- Useful as a fertilizer in gardens or flower beds
- Weigh the amount of forage provided to each horse to ensure you are feeding the proper amount.
- Feeding some long-stem forage (hay) may help eliminate boredom and prevent stall vices.
- Horses that have dental problems or for horses that aggressively consume their feed, Standlee Premium Western Forage® cubes and pellets are recommended to be fed wet, soaked in water for 30 minutes or until properly softened.
- Gradually replace existing hay with Standlee Premium Western Forage® over a 7-10 day period. Replace existing hay on a 1 to 1 basis with Standlee Premium Western Forage®.
- Never feed moldy or insect infested forage to horses.
- Always provide free-access to fresh, clean water.
If you have questions, please contact the nutritionists at Standlee Premium Western Forage®, or consult with your veterinarian.
SHIPPING CHANGES: Due to new sales tax rules in the state of Colorado, effective June 1, 2019, purchases made online through JAX Mercantile for customers in the state of Colorado will only be able to be shipped to addresses within JAX current tax jurisdictions in Fort Collins, Loveland, Lafayette, and Broomfield. Customers in the state of Colorado who do not have shipping addresses within these zip codes may still opt for in-store pickup at any JAX store location when making a purchase on the JAX website. Learn more on our shipping and returns page.
No reviews have been written for this product.
Be the first one! – Write a Review