MS 271 Farm Boss
(0) Write a review
A true powerhouse, the MS 271 FARM BOSS® takes charge when it comes time for felling, cutting firewood or storm cleanup, tackling cutting jobs with a low-emission, fuel-effcient engine.
The MS 271 FARM BOSS® replaces the mighty MS 270 with a saw that’s loaded with features and technology. It starts with a highly efficient engine that delivers 20% longer run times between refuelings – while cutting exhaust emissions in half compared to the MS 270. There’s also a pre-separation air filtration system that’s so effective, your air filter can last up to five times longer (now that’s high performance). All engineered into one compact, ergonomic design.
- Low-emission, fuel-efficient engine – engine - reduces fuel consumption and delivers 20% longer run times between refuelings as compared to previous models.
- Pre-separation air filtration system
- Advanced anti-vibration system
- Reduced-Emission Engine Technology, Caring for Nature - the STIHL Inc. “Caring for Nature” seal identifies its powered products that are more environmentally conscious, producing zero or low exhaust emissions. STIHL Inc. defines “low exhaust emissions” as being cleaner than EPA and/or CARB exhaust emission standards.
- Built in the USA - indicates products that are built in the United States from domestic and foreign parts and components.
- Pre-Separation Air Filtration System - this time-saving technology boosts the efficiency of the engine’s filter system, doubling the time between air filter cleanings. Air drawn into the engine is first separated via centrifugal force, ejecting the heavier dirt particles before being routed to the air filter. This pre-separation means less dirt to be captured by the air filter, resulting in less frequent cleaning and maintenance.
- Anti-Vibration System - STIHL has developed a system for minimizing the vibration levels of handheld outdoor power equipment. The STIHL anti-vibration system helps reduce operator fatigue and provides a more comfortable working experience.
- Toolless fuel and oil caps with retainers - simply lift the lever and twist the caps to remove or tighten. There‘s no need to use a tool to tighten or loosen.
- Side-Access Chain Tensioner - the side-access chain tensioner makes it much more convenient for the user to adjust the saw chain with a bar wrench as opposed to the typical location of the guide bar adjustment screw.
SHIPPING CHANGES: Due to new sales tax rules in the state of Colorado, effective June 1, 2019, purchases made online through JAX Mercantile for customers in the state of Colorado will only be able to be shipped to addresses within JAX current tax jurisdictions in Fort Collins, Loveland, Lafayette, and Broomfield. Customers in the state of Colorado who do not have shipping addresses within these zip codes may still opt for in-store pickup at any JAX store location when making a purchase on the JAX website. Learn more on our shipping and returns page.