Black Diamond Equipment
Men's Boundary Line Mapped Insulated Jacket
$399.00 $239.40 40% off
(0) Write a review
The Black Diamond BoundaryLine Jacket features significant world-first innovation and technology. This represents the culmination of BD’s commitment to unmatched performance and sustainability, offering the ultimate all-mountain component of the BD.SOLUTIONWOOL family. By strategically mapping the Lavalan insulation wool only where it is needed for maximum thermoregulation and moisture management, the BoundaryLine Jacket delivers the promise of performance and protection for high-output aerobic activities.
INSULATION: Lavalan wool insulation outperforms synthetics for insulative value due to its natural micro-structure.
MOISTURE MANAGEMENT: Wool is hygroscopic and can transfer up to 30% of its weight in water, allowing moisture vapor to move off the wearer through the insulation layer, keeping them dry and comfortable. Used in combination with our BD.SOLUTIONWOOL baselayer, moisture is efficiently captured and moved out of the system.
THERMOREGULATION: Lavalan wool insulation creates a truly active microclimate, enhancing the wearer’s natural temperature regulation system due to wool’s inherent breathable and exothermic properties. When in a high output activity, the moisture vapor transfer process of sweating creates a natural cooling effect, resulting in an overall reduction of body temperature. After high activity, this same process can generate thermal energy that is transferred back to the wearer to stay warm.
ODOR RESISTANCE: Wool is naturally odor-resistant, keeping the wearer fresh even after the hardest high output session.
- Fully taped
- 20,000mm waterproof, 20,000g/m2/24hr laminated BD.dry™ waterproof/breathable shell fabric with mechanical stretch
- Revolutionary, PFC-free GTT Breathable Water Protection DWR finish
- Body-mapped Lavalan wool insulation offers ultimate moisture management and thermoregulation
- Lavalan wool is European certified, nonmulsed and machine washable
- Ski helmet-compatible hood
- YKK Aquaguard zippered two-way center front, hand, and chest pockets
- Zippered sleeve pass pocket and skincompatible, internal stretch-mesh drop pocket
- Underarm zip vents
- Stowable stretch powder skirt
- Front Length: 31 in from High Shoulder Point
- Back Length: 30 1/4 in from Center Back Neck
- Fit: Regular
Materials : [Shell] BD.dry™, Stretch Twill Woven with GTT Breathable Water Protection Finish (180gsm, 100% Polyester) [Insulation] Lavalon wool insulation (60gsm, 80% Wool, 20% PLA) [Lining] 20D nylon plain woven with DWR (37 gsm, 100% Nylon)
SHIPPING CHANGES: Due to new sales tax rules in the state of Colorado, effective June 1, 2019, purchases made online through JAX Mercantile for customers in the state of Colorado will only be able to be shipped to addresses within JAX current tax jurisdictions in Fort Collins, Loveland, Lafayette, and Broomfield. Customers in the state of Colorado who do not have shipping addresses within these zip codes may still opt for in-store pickup at any JAX store location when making a purchase on the JAX website. Learn more on our shipping and returns page.