Mountain Safety Research
Hubba Hubba NX 2-Person Backpacking Tent
(0) Write a review
Designed for backpackers who need a tent that can do it all while still being compact and lightweight, our bestselling MSR Hubba Hubba NX 2-person tent feels as light and efficient to use as it does to carry. From its spacious interior to its quick setup, this tent redefines lightweight livability. And now it boasts premier durability features, including virtually indestructible Easton® Syclone™ poles and MSR’s long-lasting Xtreme Shield™ waterproof coating. Whether you’re setting out to climb the Sawatch Range or circumnavigate Mount Rainier along the Wonderland Trail, the freestanding, 3-season Hubba Hubba NX tent lets you enjoy the full backcountry experience — including time spent in the tent.
- Ultralight: Minimum weight is 1.60 kg / 3 lb 8 oz; optional Fast & Light Body setup 1.36 kg / 3 lb.
- Maximum Space: Head and elbow room throughout tent; two large side-entry vestibules to store gear.
- Easton® Syclone™ Poles: Cutting-edge aerospace composite materials make poles virtually indestructible in challenging and windy conditions.
- Xtreme Shield™ Waterproof Coating: Ultra-durable coating is formulated to resist fabric stickiness (hydrolysis), lasting up to 3 times longer than standard waterproof coatings.
- Livable: Two large StayDry™ doors with built-in rain gutters; adaptable, cross-ventilating rainfly.
- Easy Setup & Packing: Unified hub-and-pole system; ultra-compact compression stuff sack.
- Optimized symmetrical geometry and non-tapered floor
- Large, easy-entry D-shaped StayDry™ door and vestibule
- Side entry zipper orientation
- Rainfly kickstand vent
- Adjustable rainfly (roll-up vestibule & stargazer view)
- Light gray rainfly color (neutral light)
- Adjustable integrated stake-out loops
- Lightweight reflective guy-outs
- Durable high-tenacity nylon fabrics
- Ultra-durable Easton Syclone poles
- Xtreme Shield System (long-lasting waterproof coating & precision-stitched seams)
- Stakes, guy-out cords and compression stuff sack with carry handle included
- Color: Red
- Weight (Standard): 4 lbs 2 oz
- Length (Standard): 84 in
- Capacity: 2
- Fast & Light® Weight w/ F&L Body (Standard): 3 lbs
- Minimum Weight (Standard): 3 lbs 8 oz
- Packaged Weight (Standard): 3 lbs 14 oz
- Floor Area (Standard): 29 sq. ft
- estibule Area (Standard): 17.5 sq. ft
- Tent Volume (Standard): 43 cu. ft
- Number of Poles: 1 Easton
- Interior Peak Height (Standard): 39 in
- Packed Size (Standard): 18 x 6 in
- Number of Doors: 2
- Freestanding: Yes
- Rainfly Fabric: 20D ripstop nylon 1200mm
- Xtreme Shield Canopy Fabric: 20D ripstop nylon & DWR
- Mesh Type: 15D nylon micromesh
- Floor Fabric: 30D ripstop nylon 3000mm
- Vestibule Volume (Standard): 17 cu. ft
- Country of Origin: Imported
SHIPPING CHANGES: Due to new sales tax rules in the state of Colorado, effective June 1, 2019, purchases made online through JAX Mercantile for customers in the state of Colorado will only be able to be shipped to addresses within JAX current tax jurisdictions in Fort Collins, Loveland, Lafayette, and Broomfield. Customers in the state of Colorado who do not have shipping addresses within these zip codes may still opt for in-store pickup at any JAX store location when making a purchase on the JAX website. Learn more on our shipping and returns page.