All American Senior Horse Feed - 50lb
$16.49 to $18.99
(0) Write a review
Senior horses demand a feed that is easy to chew and contains highly digestible nutrients. All*American Senior is pelleted so that the aging horse can easily break down the pellets in the mouth and in the digestive tract. In addition, Senior is the perfect feed for mature horses, horses that need to gain weight, that have teeth or digestive problems, or suffer from allergies associated with their hay or pasture. This feed is available in a 5/32 inch pellet.
- High readably digestible fiber and energy High-fiber ingredients (such as wheat midds, dehydrated alfalfa, and soybean hulls) support healthy digestive function. Contains beet pulp, a source of readily digestible fiber and energy.
- Alltech’s Yea-Sacc & Integral A+ Pro-biotic and Pre-Biotic to enhance the digestive efficiency.
- Alltech’s Bioplex Trace Minerals “Chelated” copper, zinc, and manganese bound to amino acids and peptides increase trace mineral absorption and improve the horse’s mineral status.
- Sel-Plex An organic source of selenium derived from yeast to help fight infection and disease.
- Added amino acids and B-Vitamins To support muscle growth, plus added B-complex vitamins to promote proper immune function, hoof and skin health, and glossy hair and coat.
- Yucca extract For reduced fecal odor.
- Caramel flavoring & molasses To entice consumption.
Upon first introduction, Senior should be presented to the horse slowly. A good rule of thumb is to mix ½ of the new feed with ½ of the old feed for 3 to 5 days. After the transition, feed according to the following chart:
|Level of Activity||Senior - lbs/head/day|
|Maintenance (<3 hrs of work/week)||Up to 5 lbs*|
|Performance (> 3 hrs of work/week)||5*-10 lbs*|
|Seniors (as the sole diet)||1.5 - 2 lbs per 100 lbs of bodyweight|
*If feeding less than the amount recommended, then it is advised that additional vitamin and minerals be offered along with the feed to meet the horse's total dietary nutrient requirements for vitamins and minerals. As a rule of thumb, for every 1 lb of All*American® Senior omitted, add ¼lb of Vital Edge Pelleted Mineral or 1 oz of Ranch-O-Min 1011 Horse Mineral, daily.
Always provide a minimum of 1.0% of the horse’s body weight daily in the form of forage (hay or pasture) to maintain gut health. Note that the chart is based on the nutrient requirements of a 500 kg (1,100 lb) mature horse and is therefore a simple guideline. Adjust depending on the horse's body condition, age, and level of activity. Fresh, clean water and white salt should be available free choice.
DO NOT FEED TO SHEEP DUE TO ADDED COPPER.
- Crude Protein, min13.0 %
- Lysine, min0.6 %
- Methionine, min0.2 %
- Threonine, min0.4 %
- Crude Fat, min6.0 %
- Crude Fiber, max20.0 %
- Calcium, min0.9 %
- Calcium, max1.4 %
- Phosphorus, min0.5 %
- Salt, min0.3 %
- Salt, max0.8 %
- Zinc, min175 ppm
- Copper, min44 ppm
- Selenium, min0.3 ppm
- Vitamin A, min6,000 IU/lb
- Vitamin D, min600 IU/lb
- Vitamin E, min20 IU/lb
INGREDIENTS: Wheat Midds, Soybean Hulls, Dehydrated Alfalfa, Plain Dried Beet Pulp, Cane Molasses, Sunflower Meal, Lignin Sulfonate, Vegetable Oil, Caramel Flavoring, Soybean Oil, Cal
SHIPPING CHANGES: Due to new sales tax rules in the state of Colorado, effective June 1, 2019, purchases made online through JAX Mercantile for customers in the state of Colorado will only be able to be shipped to addresses within JAX current tax jurisdictions in Fort Collins, Loveland, Lafayette, and Broomfield. Customers in the state of Colorado who do not have shipping addresses within these zip codes may still opt for in-store pickup at any JAX store location when making a purchase on the JAX website. Learn more on our shipping and returns page.