Proven on rocks and roots of the AT and the razor peaks of the Idaho/Montana border, the Sawtooth is rapidly gaining a cult following. Leather and textile balance the dueling requirements of protection and breathability, as well as durability and weight. And the outsole has strategically placed rubber for increased traction and decreased weight over traditional designs.
Fit Tip: Length runs true to size. Form hugging heel cup, sculpted mid-foot, and a wider forefoot & toe box.
- 0 Fit Insole
- Low density EVA pods - Provides cushioning & comfort
- Medium density EVA throughout - Underfoot support without loss of cushioning
- Moisture wicking top layer - Helps keep feet dry & comfortable
- High density EVA sculpted arch with the goal of placing the foot in a neutral position
- High density EVA deep heel cup - Provides support and improves natural cushionin
- Sawtooth Sole:
- A thru-hiker cult favorite and classic Oboz outsole, built to be versatile, flexible and supportive.
- The map molded in the bottom of the outsole features the Sawtooth mountain range near Sun Valley, Idaho.
- Sawtooth Midsole:
- Nylon shank offers added support between heel and forefoot.
- Dual density EVA midsole provides supportive balanced cushioning.
- Molded Heel Counter: These counters help shoes maintain snug, comfortable heel hold over time.
- Standard Shoe — Medium volume feet tend to be standard width with some combinations of high and/or low arches and a high and/or low instep.
- Wide shoe — High volume feet tend to be wide with high arches and a high instep, or a combination of these. If you have bunions you may consider a high volume shoe.
- Men’s wide width is C in the heel and EE in the forefoot (according to Brannock Device®). Men’s standard width is C in the heel and D in the forefoot. Patterns and materials in a given model may influence fit. We always recommend trying our footwear on to ensure the best possible fit.
- Nubuck leather & highly abrasion-resistant textile
- 3D molded heel counter
- Sawtooth — A classic Oboz sole. Sheds mud, offers intense traction, and maintains stability. Sidewall lugs grip off-camber trails while conserving weight.
- Dual density EVA
- Nylon shank
Some products in this store can expose you to chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and/or birth defects or other reproductive harm. Please check the product label for warning information. For more information go to P65Warnings.ca.gov
. We cannot ship any products into California that are affected by Proposition 65.
Due to new sales tax rules
in the state of Colorado, effective June 1, 2019, purchases made online through JAX Mercantile for customers in the state of Colorado will only be able to be shipped to addresses within JAX current tax jurisdictions in Fort Collins, Loveland, Lafayette, and Broomfield. Customers in the state of Colorado who do not have shipping addresses within these zip codes may still opt for in-store pickup at any JAX store location
when making a purchase on the JAX website. Learn more on our shipping and returns page