fenix® 5X Plus Sapphire Watch
(0) Write a review
Performance That Puts the X in Excellence
- Ultimate multisport GPS watch with wrist heart rate technology1 and color TOPO maps featuring Trendline™ popularity routing to help you find and follow the best paths
- Wrist-based Pulse Ox Acclimation sensor¹ provides awareness of your blood oxygen saturation levels — especially useful when you’re adjusting to higher altitudes
- Fit for adventure with rugged design that features scratch-resistant domed sapphire lens plus stainless steel or diamond-like carbon (DLC) titanium bezel, and rear case
- Sync with music streaming services such as Spotify® to easily store and play your favorite songs right from your watch
- Garmin Pay™ contactless payment solution² lets you make convenient payments with your watch, so you can leave your cash and cards at home
- Battery performance: up to 20 days in smartwatch mode and13 hours in GPS mode with music (depending on settings)
For athletes and outdoor adventurers who want the ultimate in a multisport on-wrist trainer, the ultra-rugged fenix 5X Plus is here. It’s our first fenix series watch to offer a wrist-based Pulse Ox Acclimation sensor for blood oxygen saturation awareness at high altitudes. Other highlights include routable color TOPO maps, wrist heart rate, a music player that lets you store and enjoy up to 500 songs — plus Garmin Pay, our contactless payment solution.
Your Roadmap to Success
Whether you’re in the city or on the trail, your fenix sport watch’s mapping and navigation features help keep you oriented and on course. Full-color TOPO mapping comes preloaded, with map data optimized for at-a-glance navigation and location tracking. The maps feature Trendline popularity routing, which uses billions of miles of Garmin Connect™ data to help you find and follow the best trails and routes. Especially helpful when you’re away from your home turf, this feature lets you quickly see the most-used, locally validated pathways.
Do Better Going Higher
When the terrain gets steeper and you have some serious climbing ahead, your fenix 5X Plus has special ascent features that can really help. The ClimbPro page provides real-time information on current and upcoming climbs. See the climb gradient, distance and elevation gain for each ascent segment as well as a progress marker that shows how much farther you have to go. On strenuous climbs, the watch’s Pulse Ox Acclimation sensor provides additional information. This sensor uses light beams to gauge the absorption of hemoglobin in your bloodstream, so you can assess how well your body’s oxygen levels are adjusting to the thinner air at higher altitudes.
The Pulse Ox sensor on your fenix 5X Plus watch uses light beams at your wrist to gauge your body’s blood oxygen saturation level. Turn on the Pulse Ox feature to gauge your SpO2 overnight — or use it to take a spot measurement anytime you want to check how well your body is absorbing oxygen.
Every fenix 5 Plus Series watch features multinetwork (GPS, GLONASS and Galileo) satellite reception to track in more challenging environments than GPS alone. In addition to map-based guidance, each watch also provides a set of ABC (altimeter, barometer and compass) sensor capabilities for outdoor navigation. The built-in altimeter provides elevation data to accurately monitor ascent and descent for activities such as hiking, while the tilt-compensated three-axis electronic compass keeps your bearing — whether you’re moving or not.
Advanced Performance Metrics
All fenix 5 Plus Series watches are packed with sophisticated training features to help monitor your form and performance. Tap into physiological metrics, running dynamics and more to track your workout stats, measure your progress and fine-tune your form. Training status automatically evaluates your recent exercise history and performance indicators to let you know if you