(0) Write a review
- related products
2.25 lb. Dayton axe head outfitted with a 28″ curved hickory handle. Popularly referred to as a “boy’s” axe. A “mid” sized tool. Dayton pattern originated from the Dayton, Ohio, area.
- Forged tool steel head. Made in USA.
- Hand sharpened, tapered bit for cutting and light splitting.
- ANSI Standards call for bit hardness of Rc 45-60, at least ½ inch back from the cutting edge. Council Tool internal standards call for tempered bit hardness of Rc 48-55 and we target 1-1/4 inches from the cutting edge. The poll and eye walls are not hardened and remain in the as forged condition.
- Head coated with boiled Linseed Oil over the as forged finish.
- 28″ curved American hickory handle. Eye section is dried to below 10% moisture content to minimize shrinkage and help prevent loosening. Hafted high and proud.
- Axe head is hydraulically seated onto handle and secured with a traditional double wedge system.
- The interior detail of the eye is tapered and allows for a strong mechanical bond. Approximately 1/4″ of overall length of the handle is removed during assembly.
SHIPPING CHANGES: Due to new sales tax rules in the state of Colorado, effective June 1, 2019, purchases made online through JAX Mercantile for customers in the state of Colorado will only be able to be shipped to addresses within JAX current tax jurisdictions in Fort Collins, Loveland, Lafayette, and Broomfield. Customers in the state of Colorado who do not have shipping addresses within these zip codes may still opt for in-store pickup at any JAX store location when making a purchase on the JAX website. Learn more on our shipping and returns page.
No reviews have been written for this product.
Be the first one! – Write a Review