Everything Water: Kayaks, Canoes, and PaddleboardsPosted by Taylor Music | 08.09.2018
Interested in everything water this very HOT summer? JAX is here to help you get out and on the water! Whether that means kayaking, canoeing, or even paddle boarding.
JAX wants to help you get prepared and excited for all water adventuring you might do this summer. It’s important to enjoy all that Northern Colorado has to offer!
Some water activities to change up your summer and make some everlasting memories:
Kayaking gives you your own personal boat for the day! There are many different kinds of kayaks tailored to your desired water adventure. Whether it’s plastic or composite, sit on top, or sit inside, JAX experts can help you find the kayak that’s right for you. Kayaking is for everyone, from a beginning recreational kayaker who wants to jet around the lake to a seasoned whitewater kayaker who wants to rip through some extreme rivers. To learn more about types of kayaks, kayaking essentials, and to get some basic how to tips, visit our blog: Kayaking Fun for Everyone.
Perception Prodigy 10 Kayak
- Offers outstanding stability for beginner to intermediate users.
- Sit inside style for cooler waters and protection from the elements.
- Six-way adjustable seat with padded adjustable leg support.
Old Town Canoe Heron 9 Kayak
- Features an easy-to-paddle design to maneuver through the water smoothly.
- Lightweight, making it easy to transport to and from water weighing only 39 lbs.
Similar to a kayak, canoes offer some exciting days on the water as well. If you’re looking for a boat to share with friends and family as you tread water, canoeing is your go-to activity. Canoes are typically for those relaxing rides around the lake or calm rivers. Although, they can also be found running through some whitewater. Most canoes come with seats for two or more people to sit further above the water making them easier to get in and out of for that mandatory swim.
Old Town Canoe Rogue River 154 Square Stern Canoe
- Features two bench seats and a third center seat that doubles as a cooler.
- Option to mount a motor to the square stern.
- Versatile and designed to last.
Old Town Canoe Saranac 146 Canoe
- Fits two comfortably with adjustable seat backs.
- Features a 6” waterproof hatch, storage trays, and paddle rests.
- Perfect for casual canoeists looking for a recreational canoe that performs well on the water.
Paddle boarding is a great way for you to get on the water this summer! Go solo or even bringing your dog along, a stand-up paddleboard (SUP) is an easy hobby for everyone to enjoy. SUP’s come in numerous forms for the custom-fit you need. SUP’s are available as hard fiberglass boards or Inflatables, short and wide or long and narrow. Depending on the use and level of confidence you might have on a board, this can determine the shape and size you’ll need. A JAX specialist can get you set up with the right board or give it a test run with JAX rentals! To learn more about some basic paddling techniques, SUP options, and gear, visit our blog: Paddle Boarding Basics.
- Ultra-comfortable honey comb deck pad.
- Inflatable board with a pump that allows for easy transportation.
- Performs well in flat water, great for yoga and exploring!
Boardworks Super Natural Standup Paddleboard
- Designed for stability and smooth gliding for a mellow cruising and paddling experience.
- Perfect for all users, from entry level to advanced paddlers.
- Soft diamond groove pad for comfort and traction.
Now that you’ve got some ideas on how you can enjoy the outdoors through watersports this summer, stop by your local JAX to grab the gear you need! Don’t forget to upload some of your photos and tag us @jaxoutdoorgear.
Voted Fort Collins’ Best Outdoor Gear Store, JAX Mercantile provides quality gear for camping, hunting, fishing, boating, and more. Visit your local Colorado store in Fort Collins, Loveland, Lafayette, and Broomfield or our store in Ames, Iowa to meet our experts and find the best gear for your summer adventures.