Women's Atom SL Hoody Jacket
$229.00 $160.30 30% off
(0) Write a review
Atom SL Hoody
Spending time in the outdoors in the late spring, summer or early fall can involve fluctuations in temperature and comfort. Early morning chill, a suddenly shady trail, and changes in elevation and levels of exposure mean insulation is essential. But insulation geared for winter conditions can lead to overheating and discomfort. The Atom SL Hoody is specifically created to perform when insulation is required, but in a measured amount that suits milder conditions. Providing warmth comparable to a lightweight fleece for significantly fewer grams, the Atom SL is an efficient midlayer in cool conditions and a great standalone during rest breaks, early morning starts, and while enjoying the view from a freshly bagged peak.
The Atom SL is designed to handle subtle climate shifts, and each of its fabrics is intentionally selected to manage moisture and provide comfort. Soft, easily compacted, and resilient, the Tyono™ 20 shell material uses fine denier yarns that allow a fabric configuration that is surprisingly strong for its light weight. Balancing air permeability with wind resistance, the material allows airflow during active periods, but helps cut wind chill during static moments. 40g/m² Coreloft™ Compact insulation is highly compressible, insulates if wet, permits airflow, and delivers its superior performance for very little weight. Sleeves are lined with a comfortable mesh fabric, and lightweight fleece side panels help provide thermal performance and ventilation. Articulated sleeves and gusseted underarms extend freedom of movement.
Arc’teryx designers know that a thoughtful minimalism delivers more performance. Created to be so compact and light there’s no reason to leave it behind, the Atom SL has only necessary features and uses ultralight fabrics. The DWR (durable water repellant) treated StormHood™ hood is uninsulated, making it ideal for minimizing wind chill or providing protection in light rain. The trim fit minimizes bulk and layers easily, and the insulation is placed only where it’s most needed, in the core, to reduce weight and bulk without sacrificing appropriate thermal performance. The result is a hoody that provides efficient shoulder season insulation, stuffs to the size of a grapefruit, and weighs a mere 235 grams.
Versatile synthetic insulated mid layers with a high degree of weather resistance.
Superlight materials and design, emphasizing light weight and packability over durablity.
Versatile high performance designs for diverse activities and conditions. Durable and light.
Man-made insulation with quick dry times, durability and retains warmth when damp.
Full Product Features
- Moisture-resistant outer face fabric
- Compressible and packable
- Wind resistant
- Composite construction
- Breathable, stretch side panels for enhanced comfort and mobility
- DWR (Durable Water Repellent) finish repels moisture
- Articulated elbows
- Gusseted underarms for mobility and comfort
- Trim fit for base layer or light mid-layer use
- Low profile hood
Zippers & Fly Configuration
- No Slip Zip™ front zipper
- Wind flap
Cuff & Sleeves Configuration
- Shaped cuff with stretch fleece
- Laminated hem
- Drop back hem
- Adjustable hem drawcord
- Two hand pockets
- Mesh 100% polyester
- Torrent™—84% polyester 16% elastane. Moisture wicking, breathable, stretchy, jersey knit textile with a soft, brushed surface and a Polygiene® finish to manage odour.
- Tyono™ 20 denier shell with DWR treatment - 100% nylon
- Coreloft™ Compact 40 insulation (40 g/m²). Highly crimped, multi-denier siliconized polyester yarn that has undergone a special process which reduces the thickness of the material by 50%, without reducing its insulation value by the same amount. Lightweight, breathable, thermally efficient 100% polyester fibre.
- Machine wash in cold water.